If you have already started your WordPress blog or are thinking about starting a WordPress blog, then, you've probably heard about WordPress plugins.
What Are WordPress Plugins?
Plugins are little, miniature programs that you can download on WordPress to help you design your blog or website. They can help you increase traffic, make changes, run different types of e-commerce, or community type of programs. There are all sorts of different features for plugins.
Which Plugins Do I Use?
There are many different plugins you can use and you'll find a lot of them to help you improve your website. I like to use these plugins:
- Adsense Plugin: Helps me to easily customize Google ads on your website.
- Powerpress Plugin: Helps me to run my podcasting and blog articles.
- Contact Form: Allows me to create pages where people can send me messages through my website.
- Facebook Pixel Plugin: Allows me to easily copy in my Facebook pixel ID so that it is automatically downloaded to all my pages.
- KingSumo Giveaways Plugin: Allows me to run really awesome giveaways. It gives people bonus entries for referring friends, picks winners, adds everyone to the emails list, and so on.
- MailChimp Plugin: Allows me to have an email opt-in form to add people to a MailChimp email list.
- Survey Plugins: Help me run polls or surveys on my blog or website.
- Pretty Links Plugin: This one is a really cool plugin you can use to create custom links for affiliate links or any other type of link you might use.
- Yoast SEO Plugin: Helps me make sure my website pages or blog articles are search engine optimized.
- Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin: Allows you to actually see your Google analytics right on your WordPress blog so you don't have to go into Google analytics.
How Do I Add Plugins To My Website?
Download Plugins From Your WordPress Panel
In your WordPress admin panel, you can go to the section titles “add new plugins” to search for whichever type of plugin that you are looking for. If you don't know the name of the plugin but you know there's a certain feature that you want to add to your website such as an e-commerce type of feature to your blog or website. Then, you can search e-commerce in the search bar and find all sorts of free plugins that will allow you to sell products on your website. WooCommerce, is of course, the most popular e-commerce plugin.
Or, let's say you wanted to create a membership site where people can create profiles to access your website. There are all types of membership plugins that you can use and test out to build a membership community for your blog or website.
Download Plugins As A Zip File
You can also find WordPress plugins on the internet and you can download them as a zip file. For example, you can head over to Google and search for WordPress plugins. This may take you to WordPress.org where you can search for any type of plugin, for instance, the Akismet Anti-Spam plugin. If I were to click on download, it would actually download as a zip file. Then, you go back to your WordPress site and click on ‘Upload Plugin' and choose the zip file that you downloaded.
Where To Find A Downloaded Plugin
Installing plugins are just as simple as clicking the ‘Install Now' button and activating the plugin to get it running on your website. Then, depending on which type of plugins you download, they should all appear over on the left side of the dashboard menu. They may appear as their own menu option or they may be found underneath some other menu option such as ‘Settings' or ‘Appearance'.
Plugins are awesome tools to help you customize and improve your WordPress blog or website. I highly recommend doing your research to find which plugins are available. Be sure you are looking around and reading blog articles to find plugins that can help you improve your blog or website. Plugins will ultimately help you build your online business. This is what we're here to help you do – learn how to use this technology to build an online business that will create a life of freedom.
If you enjoyed this post, please leave us some feedback in the comments below. Also, you can head over to our YouTube Chanel and subscribe so you don't miss any of our upcoming videos. Plus, you can go check out this post for some awesome tools and resources to help you with your online business today.